All employees should be familiar with the steps necessary to seek treatment for injuries occurring at work. When an employee is injured:
- Employee must report accidents to their immediate supervisor
- If medical attention is needed, the employee should immediately complete an employee accident/injury report.
- Employee's MUST go to Corporate Connection for treatment. Corporate Connection is open for examinations from 8:00 am - 3:30 pm. After 3:30 pm, visit the emergency room at Monroe Promedica Hospital. A follow-up visit with Corporate Connection may still be necessary.
- The building secretary will provide you an "Initial Authorization to Treat" form. This form MUST be taken with you to Corporate Connection. OR If you are unable to obtain the form, you may contact Andrea Heiden at 734.497.1954 for a verbal authorization.
- After treatment, employees shall provide a hard copy of the clinic’s activity status report to Andrea Heiden, Wagar Middle School or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Corporate Connection will work with our workers’ compensation claim representative to ensure quality of care and approve future visits and prescribed treatments, including physical therapy, diagnostic tests and specialist referrals. Do not seek treatment from your primary care physician for accidents/injuries that occurred at work.
- All paperwork, billing documents, return to work authorizations, and other documents pertinent to a claim should be sent directly to Andrea Heiden, Wagar Middle School or email@example.com
If you have any questions or concerns about these procedures or how workplace injuries are managed, please contact Andrea Heiden, State Reporting/Human Resource Specialist at 734.654.4027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.